FISHLAMB'S MoMoLiu Blahtology

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blah 轉圈 Blah 撞毀

FishLamb is thankful.

An email that I sent to my cell group this evening:

Hello group...

It's Dec 15 today; do you remember what you did last year?
For me, I crashed my beloved yellow little car exactly a year ago.
I left home like normal, drove like normal, thought it would just be another normal day, roads seemed fine without much traces of snow, driving on a straight road @ 70km/hr... Ugh oh, there was something on the road, I'd better drive away from it, so I turned the wheel, then woo hoo, totally lost control, spun, crashed...

I still remember waking up Ant from his dream and he drove the old van to the "crime scene"...
I still remember the French Onion Soup from Tim Hortons - the first time & last time I had it there...
I still remember what I posted on FB that night, "if you saw a crashed yellow car on Beddington this morning; yes, that was me."

Whenever I thought about it, it always remains a mystery to me, regarding how i could crash my car so badly. so my (sort of irresponsible) conclusion is that, God just allowed that to happen, LOL~

Aftermaths? Spent $500 for the repairing deductible, with insurance covered the rest of the cost & they didn't increase our premium because the 1st claim can be waived. So WSB (i.e. my car) got a new bumper & new headlight (1 side though). Yea, it is still drivable as of today and got safer because I decided to buy winter tires for it (another $800 of spending). Got an even better car for free from my loving Mom. My body is OK without any injuries AT ALL despite the spin & the crash.

...after all, i think there are more blessings than curses.

Not entirely sure why I thought of sending this email out this afternoon... Maybe it's because i have a somewhat special feeling that you are those who were around us when we went through that, but this lovely group will come to an end soon (sob sob).
Thanks for being there.

count your blessings,
Cin


Song of the day:
"馬路天使" ~ 達明一派

2 Comments:

Blogger 大豆 said...

lazy g
time to post :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Fish Lamb said...

回來了, 不過走得比較慢. :)

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home